Bully Intervention Experts
Dr. Susan Lipkins and Dr. Karen Siris
New York State DIGNITY FOR ALL STUDENTS ACT
and other State Anti- Bullying Laws
Dr. Susan Lipkins, psychologist and author, has been interviewed about bullying, hazing and violence in schools on Oprah, The Today Show, news shows on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN. NPR, and other tv, radio and print venues including the New York and Los Angeles Times. For further information vist http://realpsychology.com/Dr. Karen Siris, principal and professor has been featured on NBC and CBS News and ivillage.com for the work she has done creating a Caring Majority of "upstanding" students in her Long Island School. Her research on Alleviating Bullying received the Outstanding Dissertation of the Year Award from Hofstra University.
· Help form Bully Intervention Teams in your school
· Empower all staff members to feel competent and capable to stop bullying in their schools.
· Provide strategies to support victims and bystanders and increase the pro-social behaviors of bullies
· Provide a multi-tiered incident reporting system
· Teach interview strategies to be used after an incident and suggest appropriate disciplinary measures
· Develop a plan that creates a positive climate and a
“Caring Majority” in the school community.